View Single Post
Old 04-14-2002, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Where would you rate plug-in reverbs

I had a chance to sit down last night and A/B some different plugin verbs with an H3000. The plugs I compared were D-Verb, Waves Ren Reverb, True Verb and one other I can't recall. D-Verb (the only one I own personally of the above list) has never made me happy. Ever notice how it makes things sound small and thin? Awful and easily the worst by comparison. By far the winning plug was the Waves Ren Reverberator. Very smooth and very cool parameters: EQ and damping, early reflection control with ability to have a negative time value which puts the reverberation before the "not-so-early" reflections. Most of all the sound was rich and full, made the source sound bigger and fuller (as it should). I had a hard time choosing between the Eventide box and the Waves plug. Without really using them for a while it would be hard to choose a favorite between the two. Of course the H3000 has a stack of other algorithms to boot. Its cool to have plugs for session recall and multiple instances but outboard won't require upgrades to be compatible with whatever version of DAW you might be using down the line! Tough call. . .
Intel i9-10980xe
64 GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Matrox C420
Avid Artist Mix