View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 trial activation filed

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have you installed the latest iLok License Manager software - you need that to make the iLok work. Have you properly setup an iLok.com account? You need to do that before activating the PT11 trial. And when setting and being asked for your account ID DO NOT use the serial number that's on the iLok. The account ID is something you make up yourself to identify yourself to the system. For example I used a name and number combo.

Most importantly - is your iLok plugged into a working, powered USB port? If you're on a current Mac they tend to have USB3 ports and those have been known to cause issues with iLoks that can be solved by using a powered USB hub between the iLok and the computer.
Hi musicman691!
Thank you for the answer.
I use latest iLok software. I downloaded it at evening, yesterday. Version of license manager is 2.3.1.1244.

And especially than you about problem description with USB3. I plug-in external powered USB hub and Pro Tools starts without any problem!

I think, PACE company must be closed and software engineers must looking for the other job. I think, that problem not in Mac's USB3 port, but with iLok chipset.

Anyway, thank you very much!
Good luck!

Best regards
Alex