View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 08:25 PM

Default Pro Tools Creative Collection returned an error. Error: -2147213312

I just upgraded to 8.05 from 8.04, on Win 7 32 bit system. As usual with PT, it was a nightmare with a ton of bugs and plug in issues. I slogged through them, and got everything working (as good as it can, with the stupid buffer under- and over-run issues that plague this software), except for the above error.

When I tried to use the xpander or other plugin instruments, they could not find the instrument folder (I'll edit with the exact message), and when I browsed to the Digidesign folder it lacked the Creative collection folder. I did a reinstall from the pro tools upgrader, and got the above error. This made the Creative Collection folder appear, but with nothing in it. Also, during the install (repair) the installer could not find the Creative Collection installation files, so I had to insert my PT8 DVD to get past the prompt. That initiated installation of the Creative Collection, but led to the above error.

I am not going to be upgrading PT any longer, since every single time it leads to a ton of issues just like this, and takes weeks to troubleshoot to get working. I think my next move will be to Reaper, or Logic on my Macbook.

But for now, I'd like to get this software working, with all it's plug ins etc. Does anyone know how to get the Creative Collection going with this 8.05 upgrade?

Edit: this is the message in PT when trying to use Boom, xpand, minigrand, structure free, etc--

"THE FACTORY CONTENT WAS NOT FOUND:

C:\Program Files\Digidesign\...ols Creative Collection\Boom

PLEASE LOCATE THE CONTENT FILE "Boom.big"

And, of course, that file, and all the instrument files are missing from the Creative Collection folder.

Last edited by sirprotools; 03-22-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: add info