View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Elastic Audio Question.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by benadams View Post
If i try and move segments of the track without quantizing it first then it moves the entire track rather than just the piece of audio i want to move.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean you move segments, but I'm going to take a guess here...

What I do is first listen to the part against a click.. if it's relatively close I will place a warp marker at the begining, end and any break in the section I am going to work on. This keeps it relatively in place. Then I will go through and manually adjust by bar, beat, whatever.., or I will quantize.

The thing with an audio track and EA, if you place a marker at the begining and grab the next analysis marker and move it, everything AFTER that analysis marker will move too.. up to the point that you "locked" it with a warp marker.. If the performance isn't too good, that can create confusion. Locking is a good way of avoiding this.. but it consumes a bit of time.. Even when quantizing I am in the habit of locking the audio at the bar markers before I quantize.. but that's my personal preference.. I actually still cut and stretch/squeeze edit more than I use EA though. Again, a personal preference.

There are a number of videos out by some of the folks here such as Kenny Gioia, and Stiff regarding editing and EA and such.. I would recommend them to anyone not comfortable with EA.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!