View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Avid-what's going on with M-audio drivers support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdland49 View Post
As a new M-Audio user (Fast Track C-400) I am extremely disappointed by the inability to get any support from Avid. Here's my (very bizarre) issue....at random times, usually every 2-3 days, the audio on my Windows 7 PC simply stops working. Only solution is to shut down, re-start, then de-install the M-Audio driver, and re-install. it. Worse yet...simply shutting down the PC, even when the audio is working, necessitates this smae process....de-install and re-install. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? By the way, I have done complete system scans to insure there are no viruses present. A couple of Google searches indicated I should make changes to my Power Management settings....to absolutely no avail. Help!
Man i have the same issue with the fast track pro sound dies randomly once a week if not once a few days what i do and it seems to work for me is too turn off the monitors if you have studio monitors that is then wait untill you hear the first pops in the L & R speakers then switch of the power in the M-Audio soundcard and back on fast leave a few secs then turn back on the power of the montiors and you dont have to shut down the computer or reinstall the software for M-audio.
Hope this helps