View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:51 AM

Angry Avid-what's going on with M-audio drivers support?

As the title says.....

It would seem that driver support for M-Audio products such as the Fast track Ultra and Profire range has stopped dead.The last release for the FTU for instance is almost a year ago,despite acknowledged "issues" from M-audio support staff that are apparently being "worked on."

Now it's got to the stage where even the "ongoing driver development" forum notifications have stopped..as if the support staff have simply given up on the products,washed their hands of it all and gone home!

There are some angry people on that M-Audio forum-and rightly so in my opinion.The FTU in particular has been problematic for many people from day one-from simple "loss of control panel" issues to the unit losing contact with the usb buss...and this total absence of driver updates and support for acknowledged problems is quite frankly,ludicrous.

Contrast the driver/update support for this range of products with that of RME for instance,and you get the point I'm making.

As someone who used to sell M-Audio products back in the day,I would say that they consistantly outsold everyone else by a ratio of 5 to 1...mainly becasue they were acknowledged as having great value for money and soild,relaible drivers and support.

I'm sorry to say that I feel that since Avid took over the company,this is no longer the case.

Many people,myself included-have invested in M-Audio/M powered systems and have stuck with the situation in the hope of a resoultion of the driver issues.....there are a lot of people on the M-Audio forum who will never buy a product from the company again becasue of their poor experiences with support for the current products.

I have posted this here simply in the hope that it comes to the attention of somone at Avid who can do something positive about the situation...or at least give a clear,definate indication as to the current schedule of development rather than the "er...we think it might be June or July" predictions that end users seem to be expected to put up with at the moment.

Sorry for the rant but-something needs to be done.