View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzup View Post
to a independent thinker , its impossible to believe anything else.
But you gotta like how the Control 24 didn't get EOL until a few days or hours before PT11 was released. That,s a major part of why I'm so pissed off.
Like they didn't know. I bought HDX with everybody saying just because it isn't supported it doesn't mean it wont work. Now half those people are mods practically begging to shut the thread down. Ill admit they probably didn't know so I can not be to upset at them.
Its not the money we spent that upsets us, its the feeling of betrayal when the company we help support forgot we mattered.

I used to love ProTools and Avid with every word I spoke.
Now I feel just plain used and forgotten
But you gotta like how the Control 24 didn't get EOL until a few days or hours before PT11 was released.

The Control 24's EOL was announced over five years ago, to be effective 12/31/2013. Pro Tools 11 was released on June 21, 2013. And the Control 24 works just as well as it always has with PT 10.

So, a Control 24 owner still has everything they had on June 20, 2013.

"Just because it isn't supported doesn't mean it won't work." That doesn't mean, "It will work", it means "You're welcome to take a gamble, but if you lose, you lose."

You gambled, you lost. So, you're just going to have to live with it...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh