View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Fasttrack Pro USB, El Capitan working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacoLoco View Post
If you are searching for a manual uninstall of the Fasttrack Pro in 10.12 Sierra these are the files up to be deleted, and the addresses were to search them:

./System/Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext
./System/Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext/Contents/MacOS/M-AudioFastTrackPro

./Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext
./Library/Extensions/M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext/Contents/MacOS/M-AudioFastTrackPro

./Library/LaunchAgents/com.m-audio.fasttrackpro.helper.plist

./Library/PreferencePanes/M-AudioFastTrackPro.prefPane
./Library/PreferencePanes/M-AudioFastTrackPro.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/M-AudioFastTrackPro

./private/var/db/BootCaches/FA059394-A860-4A33-A2FF-611426051B7B/app.com.avid.usb.fasttrackpro.firmwareupdater.play list
./private/var/db/receipts/com.m-audio.fasttrackpro.macos.installer_0.bom
./private/var/db/receipts/com.m-audio.fasttrackpro.macos.installer_0.plist

./Users/jaco/Library/Saved Application State/com.avid.usb.fasttrackpro.firmwareupdater.savedSta te
./Users/Shared/Library/Preferences/com.maudio.usb.fasttrackpro.driver.plist

Btw this is the command to search inside your Mac. Try it in various combination, avoid to trash important file system or system audio kext.

In Sierra OS Console, this is Not a Case sensitive search. May be in other OS.
for more info on this command just refer to THIS POST.
Your procedure is very good for getting rid of garbage. Now I'll say what I did to make my FT Pro working on my Yosemite:
1. Plugged FT Pro on a Windows 10 machine;
2. Installed the last Windows driver, which supports up to Windows 8.1. After the installation, it will offer the firmware updated. I accepted it, but don't know if it's mandatory. Note that the firmware update tool contained inside the Mac .dmg archive never find the interface, but the Windows utility works.
3. Made the procedure described above to remove any remaining garbage from previous drivers.
4. Disabled kext signing on Yosemite;
5. Installed 1.9.5 driver. Done. Now you have your always-not-so-good interface working again. If it doesn't work, try restarting the interface while not playing any audio playing (device not streaming anything), otherwise your system can hang.

Last edited by brdeveloper; 01-13-2017 at 06:42 AM.