View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 09:27 PM

Default Re: News from the "Build" developer's conference. Win9 developer's platform based on.

Just because they add enhanced HTML5 and Javascript support doesn't mean that any and all other technologies are obsoleted. I'm reading it as an enhancement. I doubt that anyone is going to code a DAW in HTML or Java.

It will be interesting. Some versions of Win8 will support ARM. This will happen right about the time that Intel shrinks x86 enough to potentially be a viable contender in the smart phone and mobile device space. It will also be interesting to see what happens to Android with Windows running on ARM. And lets not under estimate the attraction to run your favorite desktop software on something like a tablet. The application may not be optimised but just being able to run it is a huge bonus. Also from everything I have read Windows Metro is a great interface.

But I don't see HTML5 and Javascript replacing some core Windows programming technologies any time soon though.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88