View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 07:31 AM

Default Re: WAVES MPX MASTER TAPE PLUGIN snake oil???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSB View Post
Excuse me Im no troll -I just bought a Waves MPX from Paul at dutchmuzik
The post from Planet Mu website about analog emulations was fair and who ever that was they had some valid points
Im interested to see what other people really think of the MPX
The white paper looked good --but somehow I have have doubts that it sounds exactly the same as the real thing more or less
I had the SSL Duende channel strip and bus compressor (Native) and sold those after disappointment thinking it would be the same as SSL desk , however I love and have kept the SSL X-Comp which did not really emulate an existing piece of hardware but was something new

cheers David

Hi,

I'm really getting to like the MPX and i've started using it a lot more on mastering than i thought i would!!

But then i also love the SSL Channelstrip! Whether its exactly like an analogue 400 series console i don't care but it is exactly like the C series digital consoles which it was taken from and the XL9000 analogue console which it was modelled on.

No, 48 plugins will never sound exactly like 48 bespoke channels of circuitry, but we're getting close!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.