View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 03:04 PM

Default Re: xpand 2 plugin playing out of tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
That was my first thought as well. Is it going out of tune when playing live from a keyboard controller, or off a MIDI or Instrument track, or both? If its only when playing off the controller, then I'd be real suspicious of the pitch wheel/lever. IS there some PB setting on the controller that's not set correctly?

Is it happening with only one session, or any session you try? If its just one, then it might be that when you recorded the midi some pitch bend info got recorded as well. Check the automation lanes.

If its any session, then I'd still check the automation lanes first and see if somehow some PB info got laid down. If none of the above solve it, then, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling Xpand.

Other than that, I'm not sure what could be the issue.
It goes out of tune when I play the controller and when I play back the midi and I also noticed it happens only when "the track name" is highlighted or selected within mixer or edit view. I haven't added any automation on any of the tracks as of yet. For now though I kind of work around this "out of tune" problem by selecting or highlighting a non-instrument "track name" like an audio track or master fader, etc.
If I for some reason have the track name selected on that instrument track it goes out of tune; when it goes out of tune I just deactivate and reactivate the track and then try to not select the track name while working on the song. This is how I work around it.
I hope I'm making sense. I don't believe its the pitch bend wheel because I have never used it. I usually play just the keys or program notes and midi control data into the editor.
This out of tune thing has happened in more than a few sessions. I would try the uninstall/reinstall but I have the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack and I believe I have to uninstall all of my expansion pack plugins not just the one. I think I'm going to continue to work around it until I can afford an upgrade. Thank you for your help and forgive me for being hesitant.