View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:36 PM

Default Re: ProTools 8 - Input Monitoring "Off"

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
If you are able to monitor the input, you could mute the recording track(it still records). Ideally, you should probably monitor audio from the software and use a small buffer setting to avoid latency(128 or 64). If you are monitoring the input, it makes it rather tough to do punch-ins.
As I said in my first post, it is troublesome having to mute tracks that you want to record on. Like you said, the punch is where the problems arise. It just interrupts workflow.

I understand buffer settings, and all. On a HD system it is not that big of a deal as you have the input button and low latency via the HD cards. You don't have a noticeable delay. And I'm not really asking for the same, I just want to turn it off completely,with M-Audio hardware you have this routing matrix and what not, and its really nice hardware monitoring, but then you come over to MPowered PT and you get a delay/flange effect the moment you enable record on a track - you see my issue?

Why have all that routing capability in M-Audio hardware when PTMP adds an additional delayed to signal to the mix?

Input Only
Auto Input Monitoring
None