View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 03:59 PM

Default Antelope I think

Scratch the 4 pre....

it has a noisy fan... but even worse, the guitar and analog ins are shared with the pres.. so you actually only get 8 analog ins plus my 2 adat is 24..

Nup.

Dante converters are super pricy. For example, the A16R is like 7 grand here for just 16 a/d.. So it would be too expensive to expand.

I think i may have found the answer.. It doesn't get the mic pres or instrument inputs of the goliath.. BUT...

https://en.antelopeaudio.com/products/orion32-hd/

You actually get a flat 32 analog line level ins on the one interface, plus 16 adat

I can do my mic pres from my focusrite octopres, same with the 1 guitar in i need.

So i'll have 48 analog in, fully ready to integrate with HDX, for 5k AUD.
I'll get like 3500 for my 2 apollos, so i'll be 1500 out.

this is the answer and the only one i can think of.

I have literally done nothing other than search HD interfaces since i started this topic LOL.. i am SOOOO tired..

I know there are some antelope users here so i might track them down and ask them specific questions..

hey, the dsp on it doesn't hurt either..

I'll keep my 16 input rack mixer for now and there's my 64 ins.. can still get rid of the massive 32 channel yamaha bugger.

What i need to find out is if i can use the antelope DSP and then still go into a HDX channel for further dsp monitoring (for example).

And if i can ever afford a second HDX card, i'll the get a second orion HD, 48 + 48 = 96, will never need more a/d then that.

I think it's the most elegant solution.

2 cheap behringer ada8200's will cost circa 800 AUD.

Then 2 192 digis shipped/customs etc will be like 1500

So it will be like 2300 bucks to have 16 i/o on each 192 digi, 32 i./o, old and out of warranty in the case of the avids, for 2300 bucks, or 48 i.o for double the price.

I think it will be worth it to have a quality such as antelope , also a clock master of such quality too, and monitor outputs for my adams of such quality.

I literally almost threw in the towel before and almost upgraded my cubase for $200 aud and bought an apollo 16 to add to mine, and was going to say to hell with PT once and for all.

this 32 limit of avid is really getting my goat up.. I mean they are PUSHING me away, not pulling me towards them.

I couldn't give a toss about HD software, vanilla does all i need, but i would have no option.

I mean how desperate do i have to be that i will spend 7k on a hdx1 system.
1000 on a sonnet chassis
5k on an antelope

all to have 48 analog ins.

total 13K

When, i could just spend 4K and get another 16 uad inputs, (and 4 more chips) and even get a fourth uad anytime i am ready for another 16.. in a year or so or whatever.. and use *as many* inputs as i want in cubase or Logic. I could just have console on one monitor, cubase on the other and i'm done (logic all jokes aside is out of the question, it simply does not hold a candle to cubase).

If i stick with expanding apollo i'm going cubase.

Seriously. I am thinking about it cause I am frustrated.

If i stick with the HDX idea i am going antelope.

Don't get me wrong i LOVE Pt. It is the snappiest daw on sierra and nothing comes close to doing what it's memory locations can.. it's crazy powerful.. and i like almost everything else about it, apart from purposely imposed limitations.

Hey, the thread will stay open.,.

If anyone can think of ANY idea to get 48 or better yet 64 ins into a HDX card, for less money than my antelope idea.. please.. keep the suggestions coming.

Peace.