View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Plugin assignments CHANGED in a saved session

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
Out of curiosity does this happen in your backup sessions? So instead of opening your last "Main" session file... open the lastbackup... do the plug-ins still have issues?
Yes.
Quote:
I have had for years the issue of a Main session file (not regularly but upon occasion) becoming or saving corrupt data... the only way I have been able to get the session info back is the backup sessions folder... It seems more stable to "create a new session name (Each backup has a different name)" than to keep replacing your main session file.
This problem is different. Avid is aware of it now. It's easy enough to see, and completely repeatable:
  • Create a new session
  • Create two stereo audio tracks
  • On the first track, add two multi-mono inserts, D3 De-Esser and Channel Strip
  • On the second track, add the same two multi-mono inserts, but click the button to unlink them.
  • Save and close the session.
  • Re-open it.
  • Voila. the track with the two unlinked inserts should have its assignments messed up. If you used insert A with D3DeEsser and insert B with Channel Strip, you'll now likely see Channel Strip in both inserts on that track.

I'm hoping a solution comes quickly ... this is a showstopper here.

-Dave