Thread: should I wait
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 11:14 AM

Default Re: should I wait

You didn't mention which OS version you are currently on, so it's hard to direct you there. (Is Mavericks the last OS supported by PT8?)

Don't update to El Capitan at all yet, though. Not only is PT not ready for that yet (even with today's release of 12.3), a boat-load of plugins are not ready yet either, and most companies are recommending holding off on El Capitan until they get it sorted out. Yosemite is OK, though, and I would upgrade OS first before programs. Since you've got such an old version of PT, you might want to consider a completely fresh install though, especially since you mention having OS issues. Start from scratch with a bare drive and do OS on up. With the dual boot option I was mentioning earlier, you would still have access to a working system while you do the upgrade, so it's a lot less painful.

The 003 is still supported with PT12.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12