View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 not reading ilok license correctly

That's extremely ridiculous.

My license says "Pro tools 12", and not "Pro Tools 12 up to a certain point when your support plan expired". It indeed says the word "perpetual" in the license as well. Additionally, I should be able to log in to the avid store account, and not be allowed to download installers for versions beyond the one that will work with my license. Because now I am stuck running 12.1 on my upgrade to OS 10.12.6. I don't know what actually does or doesn't work yet, but I do know it's not officially supported. It opens and launches, though.

I am no legal expert, but somewhere in there it seems like Avid may be leaving itself up for a class action lawsuit or something. I am not saying that I would be a part of bringing this to fruition in any way. it's just a scenario that popped into my head.

Being a (seemingly forced - considering I have to deliver pro tools sessions for just about everything I do) customer of Avid's really feels like just standing around asking to be punished and then paying money for it.