View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.7 Hard Freeze Computer Randomly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosdipaolo View Post
Hi all,
I write this coz I'm desperate, i'm working on a project and pro tools crashes over and over. Just like Pettah describes. Computer freezes completely and suddenly.
I already removed anti virus and created another user account, it happens with very light sessions as well, always after 30 min, 1 hour, it differs but it comes, always.
I read the event viewer and i dont find any errors, just information events which don't seem to be related.
I'm on
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP45-UD3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6142MB RAM

edit. latest video and audio driver (MOTU)

Hope someone can help me
If just freezing, are you sure the computer is freezing or just the Pro Tools application? Does it ever come back from frozen, or what are you doing to recover. Do you ever see a Windows bluescreen or application crash or Pro Tools failing with a DAE error? What exact error(s) do you get? Verbatim error text please.

You posted to a thread which is discussing plugin problems, so have you checked all your plugins are up to date and tried troubleshooting by removing all third party (AAX-32 and RTAS) plugins and putting them back in batches to see if you can identify plugins causing problems.

Is your system fully optimized? What other standard troubleshooting steps have you tried. Start at the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this an every other DUC page.

Post all your playback engine settings (a screenshot is ideal).

Post a full Sandra report, the snipet you gave is not enough. Run the Sandra report with all your disk drives, including the dedicated audio/session drives attached and indicate where sessions and samples are stored.