View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Mix System VS Powerful PTLE System

Hey Guys,

All good points but let me question some of them...

- mix systems have the abuility to expand dsp with the addition of dsp cards - True, but with PTLE 6 using so much power of the new DP G4's, wouldn't future G4's/G5's be a DSP UPGRADE?

- the true rich sound of a tdm - Does TDM sound better? I was unaware if it sounds different/better than RTAS. If so why?

I absolutly agree with you get what you pay for and the Peavy/Soundcraft example.........BUT we all must realize that yesterday's top of the line systems will at some point NOT outperform TODAY'S cheaper systems. This happens in every aspect of technology. I am just wondering if we are at that point where PTLE may surpass some MIX systems in DSP horsepower.

Of course there are other software features that MIX systems enable that I am not sure of. This is something else I am trying to figure out. So what is: key command mode and beat detective....any other software differences.

BTW-I use a Mackie D8B as a front end into a 001 with a Mackie HUI.......I am just wondering if I should move to a TDM system for some Mixing power or wait to see what a new DP G4/PTLE 6 system may give me.

Thanks for the great info!

Muspro