View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 11:28 AM

Default hdx pro tools 2019.12 driver issue osx 10.13.6

Hi everyone,
I have a 2012 mac pro with high sierra 10.13.6 and pro tools hdx ultimate 2019.10
Everything has always worked perfectly until a month ago. Random problems started, pro tools no longer saw the hdx card and crashed randomly. I state that when the problems started I had not made any changes to the system. So I immediately thought about hardware problems to the card. To remove all doubts, however, I made a new installation of the operating system on a new SSD by installing only and exclusively pro tools. Magically everything went back to work. Luckily it wasn't a hardware problem.
I armed myself with patience and started to reinstall the whole system and all the plugins I work with. After installing the native instrument komplete ultimate… the pro tools hdx driver has not started working again.

I think I found a solution by excluding the NIHardwareAgent and NIHostIntegrationAgent from Mac boot starting, but I'm not sure is the final solution. I have to check if the system works the first time next days

My question however is: how is it possible that two company as famous as avid and native instruments could have such a level of bugs and undocumented incompatibility? I have searched everywhere and it seems I’m the only one to have this problem. I'm going crazy and nervous…

I hope someone can enlighten me
Thank you
Avid HDX card | 2x Avid HD I/O 16i/o | Avid MTRX studio
Api 1608 | Avid S1
Dolby Atmos certified 7.1.4 with Amphion Speakers

Last edited by iljunegate; 03-11-2020 at 04:16 PM.