View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Plugins not scanning nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Yes, and then you needed to wipe your system drive and do a complete reinstall. So while you were probably using same software and plugin installers, the underlying operating system might have changed. Strange thing with computers is when you do updates over -say- 10.12.0 up until 10.12.6 it is a different system than installing 10.12.6 to begin with.

Now THAT’S logical! Something IS different because it WAS working and now it ISN’T. Logic follows that if it DID work, it CAN again.

Let’s not confuse “not supported” with “won’t work”. Like when Avid dropped “support” for the 002 family even though the 003 was... it’s only because they don’t enough time or will to keep the old machines around, but as long as the 003 was supported, equal performance would be expected from the 002. I still keep my Powercore FW working, even though it’s “unsupported”. I believe PT is supported on my machine with 10.12.6, so I will expect it to work. Avid support will be useless because they’ll claim my 002 is “unsupported”... I know because that happened when trying to get their support on PT still being unable to scan >100 plugins after deleting the databases (I had to find a post somewhere about it, Avid refused to help or acknowledge the issue remains).

If I remember correctly, I didn’t do the High Sierra thing right away because of doubts of compatibility with my 002r. I guess the kext thing has been solved, and people are actually using the FW-TB adaptor with newer Macs and their 002r. But before keeping on suggesting that I update, keep that possible issue in mind. And don’t tell me to get rid of my highly-modified, one-of-a-kind, Black Lion Audioed 002r... if and when it finally dies, a Lynx Aurora will be its replacement. But for now, it’s a fabulous sounding box, giving nothing up against an HD interface.