Thread: No sound
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 11:44 AM

Default Re: No sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddybean View Post
Thanks for your reply. I don't have the money to buy an interface at the moment, or for a while.

Are you saying that I have to buy an interface to be able to use PTF?

Why can I not set windows to use ASIO4ll. It seems crazy that PTF says it doesn't work on windows unless you download ASIO4ll then it disables the sound on everything else! None of the helpful getting started video show any of this. They say download and then get started.

thanks
You can check the System Requirements for PTF, where it states you will need an ASIO complaint audio interface to use the software.

PTF does not need ASIO4ALL, but generally the built in sound device on a Windows system does not offer a ASIO driver and therefore can not be used with PTF. ASIO4ALL is simply a bridge that will allow you to use your non ASIO Windows driver and have it appear to audio programs as a ASIO device. This will definitely work, but is far from the best solution.

The fact that you can't get sound in Windows at this point is not the fault of PTF, but rather something in ASIO4ALL. I don't personally use it, so I can't comment on how to properly configure it or even if it allows multi use.

A dedicated audio interface will give you a much better experience all around. There are some very inexpensive ones these days, and a simple USB interface will free up your Windows sound card for Windows sounds, while the interface will be dedicated to PTF.

System Details