View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:43 PM

Default Re: No output from MBOX 2 Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3p View Post
LincolnT I centered the mix knob, i went to the IO dialogue box and set everything to default. I created a stereo master fader but i dont know what you mean by "on Analog 1/2" nothing in the options during my attempts to create a track gives me any options for "analog" anything.
This is what i did to make the master fader:

Track---->New...----->(new track diag box open)

Create 1 new Stereo Master Fader in Samples

----->Create

I still cannot hear when i play my guitar although the audio levels register in the recording track and during playback I see them (audio levels) in both the track which i recorded and the master fader track. On the back of my MBOX 2 Mini the "Mic/DI" is depressed for DI, both pad buttons and the 48v phantom buttons are not depressed. I do not get any audio output from the headphone jack on the front of my MBOX 2 mini. Oh and how do I access or where do I go to check about the 'input only monitoring' setting that pianosound mentioned?
According to your description in the first post, "Out 1/2" is the same as "Analog 1/2". It just must be named differently in the output tab of the I/O settings dialog box.

Setting the output of a stereo master fader is done the same way as setting the output of an audio track: go to the mix window [ctrl+=] and click on the output of the track select analog/out 1/2 in the interface submenu. Then check playback to be certain that the stereo master fader level meter is showing a signal.

On my original MBox, plugging in the headphone into one of the headphone jacks, mutes the other headphone jack. So, unplug the headphone/adapter entirely when testing the speakers. And unplug the speakers entirely when testing the headphones.

If the stereo master fader is showing volume. And if it is not muted. And if it's fader slid up like it's supposed to, ... then the problem is your headphones or speakers.

Unplug the speaker cables entirely, and plug your headphones in. Turn up the headphone knob. Make the mix knob centered.

Test your headphones on another system, such as a CD player.

If using a headphone adapter, make sure it is a stereo to stereo adapter.

If the headphones work, then unplug the headphone and adapter. Then test the speakers.

Exactly what make and model of speakers are you using? Are the speakers powered? The speakers need it's own amplifier. The MBox Mini has no way of working directly with passive speakers.
2 gB ram
Lacie Rugged 5400 rpm firewire 800 on Siig Cardbus adapter
Roland 700SX stage piano
Studio Projects C3 mics
Melodyne Plugin
Dual Boot:
PTLE 8.0.1 on Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit
PTLE 8.0.1 on XP Media Center SP3