View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 01:30 AM

Default Re: is there a way to get rid of elastic audio warble sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Here's some more possible help. I often will add a blank audio track below the one I want to work on, and copy/paste the region/clip that needs work, to the blank track. By grabbing a section of audio, when you copy/paste, you create a new piece of audio, so you can screw it up without losing the original(and yes, EA can screw things up). Another option is to duplicate the playlist, then consolidate the dupe to create a new audio file.

Regarding using EA, small moves usually yield "nicer" results(but this is no guaranty). For vocals and bass guitar, the Monophonic setting USUALLY works best(but I agree that others are worth a try). Sometimes, I will fix the audio I copied to the separate track, and, instead of committing it, I will simply route and record back to the original track(sometimes things sound good until you commit the changes). Sometimes, after failing to avoid the "warbles", I may choose to simply move audio around by slicing it up(this works better on some sounds than others and I use this technique for drums and bass).

If you wish to use Elastic Pitch, then you MUST use the Polyphonic setting.
The "secret" I was told a few years ago when EA first came out was to select whichever algorithm suits the track for editing, then choose XFORM to "finalize" it before committing. Is this still the proper or normal protocol for using EA? I always used to get better results when doing it this way.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7