View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Commit up to this insert...

When I commit a track with Melodyne, I always ONLY commit from Melodyne(which is always in the top insert). I also never put a reverb plugin directly on an audio or instrument track(I always use reverbs on an AUX track and feed via a send). What you describe may well be a bug, but I highly recommend changing your work flow a little. If you're asking "why"(which is a good question), here are my reasons:
#1-With this method, I have never experienced the issue you describe***.
#2-I ONLY commit Melodyne as I prefer to keep tuning as totally separate from mixing(and all the following plugins are all about mixing)
#3-Reverbs run as inserts are; A-an inefficient way to use reverbs(which tend to use more cpu than other plugins) and B-no matter how you set the MIX control, you will lose volume on the track(unless the MIX is set to 100% dry, which is not likely to happen).

***With Melodyne, I also select Do Nothing to the original track, let the COMMIT complete, then I create a new playlist on the original track(and name it "Trackname.TND"). Then I copy/move the tuned audio onto this new playlist(keeping the original un-tuned audio as its own playlist) and delete the(now empty).CM track. At that point, I may remove Melodyne, or make it inactive(in case I feel I may need to revisit). If you're thinking this seems like a lot of extra stuff, you may be right. But having done this stuff as long as I have, maybe I've been bitten in the butt a few more times

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave