View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 AM

Default Re: USB Midi Controller for 11R

OK so I figured it out. I have been searching the documentation in Pro Tools (and the web) and really could not find anything clear on this. But watching the included video did talk a little about setting up a midi track in Pro Tools for using a keyboard to control some of the plug-ins like Boom. So I thought well maybe that is how I need to set it up, and of course that is how you set it up.

Other then seting the FBV active in midi -> input devices and enable machine control for transport options, no other settings where needed.

So each session will need to have a midi track with the i/o in put set to the FBV and the output set to eleven rack. I then used the Line 6 FBV Control software to set up the device. I have two setups, one using MMC for the transport controls, and the other using CC's for control patch and bank changes, wah and volume. For bank changes i use the midi command program change with a value of 4 and increment/decrement.

It works perfectly. Well you do need to recreate the midi track in each session and you need to have Pro Tools loaded and a session opened to use the controller, so obviously no standalone mode. But it will get me by for now until I decide to use the device live.

To some that have een using Pro Tools (or any DAW) for a while this process might seem normal, but for a noobie not so much. Hope this helps.