View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:34 PM

Default Re: PT8 LE and Steven Slate Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw69uk View Post
Thats good to know, will find out later! Its the latest SSD release, so, ideally the player that comes with it will work (fingers crossed)

I noticed that, they come in "odd" sample formats. I have got, as I said, the gog files/wav files anyway, and, have drumagog. Trigger looks pretty hot though. My plan with this is to move away from BFD I think. Fantastic as it is, its a pain in the **** for memory usage and space!! Hopefully this ssd is as good as it should be
i have used ssd and bfd2 side by side for quite a long time now. cant seem to give up bfd with packs such as the joe barressi available. the slate sound good, just not an "everything" kind of set for me. i typically will get the beef of my sound from bfd barressi, johns, such expansion and use the ssd samples for the attack which they are great at, just seem thin at times in comparison.

plus the bfd 2 player kills the kontakt interface for working w drums. seem no matter how long i have been messing w kontakt i still stumble through it for drum stuff and bfd 2 is just simply laid out.

all my opinions of course and some food for thought!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10