View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post

I saw that post and want to point out that there's at least one thing missing from this setup - f you're sending optical out from the Mac to your Digi interface, you either need to have Pro Tools clocked to the digital input you're using OR you need to connect an output from your Digi interface back to the Mac and make sure the Mac is set to 'external' for clock source, otherwise you may get glitches/pops when monitoring.
Sorry I didn't get into the audio part of that before. It was enough info just dealing with the sequence location sync!

Yes you've got to slave the clocks or you get cracklies. I'm sending the Logic soft-synth audio out of a pair of old MOTU 828's via ADAT into a Legacy ADAT bridge.

Also the beauty of sending the MMC back from Logic into PT (while sending MTC the other direction) is that you can control the transport from either app. Start it in PT, switch apps while playing, stop it in Logic, and vice-versa. Also when you're stopped in Logic and you use any go-to commands (back a bar, to the last starting-point, whatever), you can set up Logic to send those locations to PT, so that you can start or stop from wherever from both DAW's. It really becomes a great monster app containing the best of both worlds from each platform.