Thread: OS X Mavericks
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 02:53 PM

Default Re: OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by derFunkenstein View Post
So Apple released the Gold Master for OS X 10.9 Mavericks last night/this morning to developers, so I'm anticipating getting it from the Mac App Store at the end of the month and then finally installing it, I dunno, in February or so. But here's the question: since PT11 is all new, what are the chances that it won't be such a chore to get PT certified on the newest version of the OS? Or does this really not change anything?

Also I have to assume OS X Mountain Lion will be end of the line for Pro Tools 10.3, no? Not that I use PT10 that much any more, since plugins are starting to get rolling in 11 and I can use REAPER for the rest in ReWire, but I just thought I'd check.

I am sure we will find out more very soon. I just upgraded to Mountain Lion in My studio and am running 10.3.7 ONLY. I had PT 11 HD, but see no need to complicate my life now since I have too many projects going that will finish on 10 first. I also am waiting for the new Tower before I jump and will wait to see how that all shakes out-:) I will be transitioning from HD Accel to Native 11 HD system with Thunderbolt to my New Avid IO I have already. Seemed like totally the way to go. I will also have my old HD System, since mine was NOT an upgrade purchase. It's a full system separate from the old one. That's my two cents for what it's worth-:)
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS