View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:55 AM

Default Re: 1 rig, 2 mics simultaneously

Quote:
Originally Posted by christunger View Post
This may only be wishful thinking but....

I like to record a lot using the Soldano Crunch setting along with the 57 and 421 mic models on my 11R. I like to layer high gain and low gain takes of my parts. The current process involves me recording the same part at least 4 times.

My tracking looks like this:
Track 1 High Gain - Panned Left - 57
Track 2 High Gain - Panned Right - 421
Track 3 Low Gain - Panned Left - 57
Track 4 Low Gain - Panned Right - 421

Is there any way to streamline my efforts? Obviously in a real studio environment, both mics would be setup and I would just have to track my high gain part once and then my low gain part once. Is there any way to run one amp with two mics simultaneously? Like the 57 could be assigned to the Eleven Rack L input and the 421 to the Eleven Rack R input?

Hopefully I didn't make that as clear as mud. I appreciate the feedback!
I'm not aware of anyway of tracking through more than one mic at once. However there's no reason you couldn't take your direct track. Duplicate it and then ReAmp it using the amp model and and mic you want.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88