View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Fast Track c400 - suddenly stopped powering up

I do use a phantom powered mic but the phantom power is off when the fast track powers up. And (strangely) every other light except the blue power light goes on when it's plugged in - I can even turn on the phantom power and the VU meters respond to sound into the powered mic. Plus I've been using the same mic since I got the thing, and I tried powering it up with everything unplugged and it's the same

I think I'll buy a powered hub and if that solves it I'll be relieved - though still baffled as to why it is suddenly demanding more power.

One other thing - I went through the registration process when I first bought the bundle but it has still pestered me incessantly about registering every time I run the program so it seems like something didn't work and my copy is still unregistered - though completely legal. I was too irritated to go through the whole process again and had no practical reason to do so. Could there be some insidious built-in timer kill-switch or something to thwart software pirates?