View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 09:30 PM

Default Re: PTF crashes when directed to the Playback Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetelling View Post
OK - 1. Using ASIO4ALL offline settings, it "sees" the Behringer interface, both input and output. My W10 device manager "sees' the Behringer interface.

2. My default output device is my laptops Realtek audio system, default input is Realtek built-in mic.
3. Holding 'n' key through the whole process results in the same thing - the app just stops working and goes back to the desktop. I tried both shifted and non-shifted 'n', with the same result. In my opinion, this is a serious bug - there is no reasonable way to troubleshoot the issue. if my W10 system shows the audio interface, and ASIO4ALL recognizes that it is there and indicates that the interface is available, then PTF should start up, so either ASIO4ALL is doing (or NOT doing something) or there is some other issue affecting this, but ASIO4ALL has nothing other than an install file (which I have run twice) and no real helpful instructions, and if there is some other issue with PTF, there is no way to tell what it is. Some additional error handling is really needed here!

OK, I tried one more thing - looking through ASIO4ALL, it seems that I should see some kind of indication in my taskbar that my audio app is using ASIO4ALL. I do not see this happening. I tried un-installing and then re-installing ASIO4ALL with the "run as Administrator" option. This time, when I tried to fire up PTF, I got this error message after the place where the playback engine was supposed to be started:
Could not complete your request because Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 238949\ ProTools\ AAE\ Source\ AAX\ CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 994.

Sine I don't HAVE an 'E' drive on my system - just a C drive, and no thumbdrives or other add-ons there - this error message seems absurd.
So far, I am significantly unimpressed with PTF, since I cannot even get it to run. Personally, I think that being able to run audio interfaces in the "non ASIO" mode might be a step forward.