View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Firewire410 Problems with sound output

It's a driver issue for sure: by M-Audio:
Quote:
XP on any Mac is not supported by anyone, including Apple and Microsoft.

The way the firmware is initiated on XP vs. OS X is different and can cause the firmware to freeze. To fix this simply reload the FireWire device on the last system that the FireWire device was running on.

Due to known issues with the 1.8.2 driver, I recommend following the procedure below to install the 1.7.4 driver.

I also confirmed that there are several issues with PT on 10.4.10.

Because of known issues with the OS X automatic software update many manufactures, along with M-Audio recommend downloading and installing the Mac OS X 10.4.10 "combo" update. This "combo" update ensures that all operating system files are installed and up to date; and does NOT require that you format and re-install everything. Leave the FireWire 410 disconnected for now.

Intel Mac: http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...ev11intel.html

After installing the "combo" update, follow these steps to reinstall the FireWire 410 drivers [Please follow them exactly]:

1. Repair disk permissions. [Hard drive > Applications > Utilities Folder > Disk Utility] - Choose Macintosh HD when the utility launches and click repair disk permissions.
2. Uninstall the Specific M-Audio device driver using our 1.7.4 driver download - Make sure that the device is disconnected.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=....drivers&f=747

3. Repair disk permissions again.
4. Install the latest driver.
5. Repair disk permissions.
6. Shut down, connect the FireWire 410 and restart.

If you are connecting an M-Audio FireWire device you do NOT want to use the AC power adapter [except for the ProjectMix I/O and the NRV10]. It will get all the power it needs from the FireWire cable.