View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 05:24 AM

Default Re: 12.2.1 Automation Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by made View Post
did anyone actually try this new "feature"/fix?
I installed 12.2.1 and everything is the same as always... no selection before playback - automation is written to entire session.
couldn't find a preference setting or anything.

so if this new thing didn't actually make it into this version, maybe change the functionality - as Frank mentioned earlier ( and probably the last 10 years) - to "Write to Selection" as it says on the button.

to prevent a "**** storm" from users that use the previous behaviour everyday, add a function that writes the entire session while holding the option key or something similar.

Thanks!
I think the way they made it (can't check. Don't have 12) is that you only get warned when you made a selection while playing and then hitting write to selection while still playing. They did this to keep the write to all feature when no selection is made in stop.

Not bad not but not great either since it assumes that the write to all thing is done intentionally all the time which is isn't.

In my case I'd say I use that as a feature in 0.000000000001% of all clicks on the write to button.

Last edited by Frank Kruse; 10-07-2015 at 05:35 AM.