View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance Pick Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
I frankly don't understand how Sonnox still survives?
I own their outdated Elite HD bundle and never bothered to update it to AAX.
They have not a single unique plugin to keep prices at that high. The only one I upgraded to AAX was Dynamics as I do think its quite good mainly because of its ergonomics and functionality.
And I don't even speak about their transfer policy...
Same here. I have two plugins I still haven't updated from TDM/RTAS, Dynamics and EQ.

As it is they want two upgrades fees now as they won't let you go straight to the latest version

I'd like to have access to them at some point but for some reason I never upgraded. This must be the only plugin manufacturer I never got round to and I have a good few.

I'd probably like to have access to their sound at some point but I have a lot more cheaper options than stumping up for their pricey upgrades.

UAD hold the crown for putting a spanner in the transfer works though. I think Sonnox traditionally did well with post production facilities and the like but the writing is on the wall for expensive plugins.

Plugin Alliance and Waves are excellent, as indeed are SoundToys. Even Avid plugins are a far more sensible investment IMHO.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6