View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Adjusting audio timing using technology - is the results acceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
For me, X-Form is the only way to adjust timing(**). Both Monophonic and Polyphonic cause way too much garbled audio. X-Form is very clean, but since it renders every little change, the trick to using it is to separate audio into clips that fit in the EDIT window(this way, the render is only working on smaller clips, so it happens in seconds instead of minutes).

** I should also mention that Melodyne can be used to move stuff around in time. Just COMMIT it once you like the result

So I am clear on your workflow there...
1) you breakup any fully consolidated / single / long audio clip into multiple chunks/parts
2) you turn on X-Form (you do not turn on any Polyphonic or Monophonic or any other algorithm method that X-Form first or at any other time?)
3) because you did #1 you can more quickly adjust the transients as desired without it taking forever processing a fully consolidated audio clip. I have experienced this many times and it makes you want to Zzzzzz - that's a great tip!
4) when completely done with time adjustments in #3 turn off X-Form & Commit
5) cleanup any breaks/ gaps / add fades and consolidate. (I am assuming here)

In my brief use of melodyne time align... it seems a bit hard to get the grid and auto "snap" to time slider to get what I expected. I will spend more time on this ... as I felt it should have worked better than the results I got.

Thanks for feedback...