View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Windows 7 - how to get sound from both Pro Tools 12 and other applications?

Thank You all for Your answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I always were of the opinion that the easiest, most solid way to solve this is to have a audio interface with an analog aux input that you plug your windows audio into, so PT is controlling the interface, and all other apps and windows sound goes analog from your built-in PC out to the aux. And everything goes to your monitors, of course.
- this is comforting information, pretty much what I hoped for. Allright, it seems I can 'make things work' - I just need audio interface nad proper configuration. That is perfectly fine.

All of Your other arguments are also reasonable.

Indeed, my ' style of work ', if I can call it that, always was, for years, as a ' mercenary self-employed writer ', to do, 'impulsively', many things 'simultaneously' and it have perfect sense that Pro Tools may be designed for much more 'focused' kind of professional use.

I read reviews and opinions and I 'thought' I wanted " the best program, all functionality, all ability, "no cheap nonsense" ", but there are always 'things' that cannot be 'learned' through reading something as dry as 'reviews'.

I will go for the audio interface then and try to make things run right.

Your answers are helpful and enlighting,
Thank You.