View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Universal Audio releases Apollo X TB3 interfaces.

Well happy days here ... Not

Went to our lical dealer yesterday and traded in two of our Apollo Blackface 8P for two shiny new Apollo X8 and put up a small fortune inbetween for trade and get home, set them up in the rack and read that the X models are NOT gonna work with our Cylinder Mac Pro computers until Q4

Hiw is this possible when most studios here have the trashcans and this should have been worked out BEFORE releasingthese new interfaces..

So now I have two doorstops worth 7000 USD sitting here.

Why the F didn't this get screamed out on your UA website as itis a BIG DEAL.

It only say "Black Cylinder" Mac Pro and we have two brownish 6 and 12 Core versions, not Black so I assumed it was ONLY BLACK Cylinder Mac Pro as it say that with the smallest asterixes in history ... I am glad we still have two more 8P and two Apollo 16 Black units as our SSL 4056 room would be dead in the water for tracking if we only had the two trade-ins as we can't get the new X8 units to work now.

Anyone have any news or info about this or if there are any Beta drivers for these? We paid a LOT for them and have over 30K invested in UA gear so I think we should be able to get this working before Q4 is up. That can be 31st December if we are unlucky and thats not gonna fly with me. I rather trade them back if that is tye case and get a new Brand for once like 2 of the Focusrite Red 8Pre or Goliath HD for example.

Awaiting answers from UA and if anyone have any info regarding if the brownish Mac Pro will work but not the black one I would be very happy for that info.

Thanks Guys

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————