View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Anyone Using Cloud Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
Sorry to hear this. I hope there is an easy fix. I'm staying away from CC for now.

C
Thanks.

Yesterday I finally was able to download my Projects.

Avid support had told me to uninstall 12.8 and go back to 12.7.1. I did that, but it didn't help. It was while running 12.7.1 that my Project Caches were deleted, though I can't say that this wouldn't have happened under 12.8.

After a couple of days of failed attempts at downloading the Projects via 12.7.1, I updated back to 12.8 via App Manager. Then I was able to download the Projects.

I suspect that at least some of the server issues had been resolved by then, but that's just a guess.

There were a number of issues during and after the downloads, which I describe in this thread.

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2445148&postcount=7

One of the most absurd ones is that due to a bug, PT was duplicating audio files in some Projects. My cloud usage meter went from the mid or upper 40s up to 59 percent without me or my colleague doing anything.

Bottom line: I converted the Projects to Sessions and my colleague will be sending audio via Dropbox.