View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Anyone Using Cloud Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobK88 View Post
I've been trying it for two or three weeks, and it's been a nightmare.

When it works it's arguably more convenient than exchanging audio files via Dropbox, but the amount of time my colleague and I have spent troubleshooting has so far negated any advantage of PT collaboration.

The worst was yesterday, when Pro Tools deleted all three of the Projects in my local cache. One minute they were there - I saw all three Project bundles in the folder (and verified that they were complete by examining the Audio files inside, which you can do via "Show Package Contents" in the Mac Finder) - and the next minute they were gone.

And for reasons which Avid support has so far been unable to explain, I can't download them from the Cloud.

For me, at least, it's been a disaster. Maybe I should reserve the word "disaster" in case they lose my data, but being unable to access my Projects is bad enough.
Sorry to hear this. I hope there is an easy fix. I'm staying away from CC for now.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.