View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 AM

Default Re: How do I connect external effects to a Digi-002R via S/PDIF?

RCA SPDIF is a stereo protocol and both channels are carried over a single wire/connection. Try this. Open the IO setup page in Pro Tools. On the INPUT tab, click on Add Path. Set it to STEREO and click the little boxes for 17&18. Label the path "Lexicon". Now go to the OUTPUT tab and do the same thing(add path, make it stereo and click the boxes for 17&18) Label that Lexicon. Now in a session, add a stereo AUX track and try to se its input to Lexicon(gotta be a stereo track). If that works, you're almost home. Add a stereo send to whatever track you want to feed to the reverb, and select Output>Lexicon. BTW, you will need to open the Hardware Setup window and select SPDIF as the clock source, and make sure the sample rate of the session matches the sample rate of the Lexicon(unless you can set the Lexicon to clock to incoming SPDIF or External). If you don't have clocking done correctly, 2 things can happen; the session can play/record at the wrong speed and pitch, or you may hear clicks and pops from the Lexicon return.

nst7 types faster

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave