View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 01:15 PM

Default Re: ProTools and video streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly View Post
Thank you Benoni…

I’m having a hard time determining whether this protocol is meant to work with something like Facebook live… Which is my ultimate goal.

I think I read somewhere recently that if I take an output from my Aurora, and run it into my computer through the microphone jack, that I may be able to do it that way and pipe it right through into OBS and into Facebook.

I don’t monitor my ProTools sessions directly through the computer, but through an outboard system, so I would think that the system might work.

Additional thoughts?
Sure, take a stereo out from your interface and run it into a Line Input on your computer sound card. Works fine, as long as the PC sound card is not complete crap.

I've done it that way with a Dual 1/4" to single 1/8" stereo cable.
I have a video on that method here

Check out Streamlabs, you should be able to simply login with Facebook, no need to deal with streaming keys, and be live in a couple minutes (after you get the audio part down)
https://streamlabs.com/

Although, you should still learn standard OBS. It helps when figuring out other software.

Streamlabs is actually based on OBS. If you see people talking about 'SLOBS' they are referring to Streamlabs OBS.

Once you have a basic understanding of OBS, you should be able to figure out the signal flow that works best for you.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio