View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 08:09 AM

Default Re: playlists newest on top

Not sure you're understanding the OP's post: Of course your current *working* playlist is always topmost, but regarding underlying playlists: Behavior changed around 2018.something; it used to be if playlist view was open and you created a new playlist they would order from newest to oldest vertically, BUT if you had playlist view closed (i.e. anything but playlist view) new playlists would order oldest to newest vertically - this was a disaster.

Somewhere in the mid PT2018.xx cycle Avid "fixed" it and made it so PT *always* orders most recent at the bottom of the playllst view. At least it's consistent now, and you don't end up with a pile of out-of-order playlists if you open and close playlist view while recording, but personally I wish it were the other way around, and I agree that it would *REALLY* be nice if you could sort playlists oldest to newest *or* newest to oldest on command - I've asked for this many times but I don't imagine we'll ever see it.

For those of us who might have hundreds of playlists and need to quickly access say, playlist .10 and then playlist .140, selectable sort order would be most convenient.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6