View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Sluggish/unresponsive Pro Tools 10 on any action

Weed -- I've actually had Windows 10 running Pro Tools 10 for about 4 months until this problem began. It was totally flawless up until then, save for an occasional crash. And I've checked the BIOS and device manager, no floppy controller. Yes I've checked the Windows Optimizations and done everything.

Darryl -- If nothing else, you've at least directed me to the Windows Log where I found the error happening. So at least that is progress. I've cleaned up some of the partitions and my SSD actually had a pretty significant amount of unallocated space. I had a lot of problems transferring my HDD data to my SDD, that's why the partitions are so wonky. But that was long ago and seems irrelevant to this problem. Nothing in that area was changed before or after this problem began.

I'm recording audio to the same partition that I keep all my apps and programs on -- all in one partition. I know that's not optimal but it worked fine for the months leading up to this problem.

There's no floppy controller and no CD/DVD drive on this laptop. I've also disabled indexing for my C: drive.

And yes I've checked if Windows Defender was the culprit, but no luck there either.

Right now the best lead I have is the error in my Windows log. If there's any insight into how to read it (posted above, in my last reply), I think that would really help me out. Any other insights/tips to try would be amazing too. Just want to say thanks for all the help so far.