View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Sluggish/unresponsive Pro Tools 10 on any action

Well the event log is capturing a ceious probvlem gbut I'm not sure what that is.

I could not decode what all those partitions are, but unmount any you are not using, or just verify each one individually, and be paranoid and unmount all you don't need. I'd generally want to understand what all those partitions are, recovery, BIOS images etc. you want to do that especially to be sure you are backing up needed stuff. Maybe reinstall the OEM Windows from Lenovo etc.

So where are you recording audio to? OK Avid's recommendations was you need a dedicated audio/session drive. Your SSD may or may not be suitable for recording audio to. Poor setup of that drive (not much free unused space), or some drive problem might cause this, but unlikely, but still a good test is to try running a session off a suitable external HDD or SSD.

Definitely disable any flooy drive that appears in the Windoes Device manage, yes even though you don't have a floppy drive (I forget Pro Tools 10 was affected by that problems as well)... but that won't magically start happening (unless say a previously disabled floppy came back to life).

I'd guess that having media in a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive is a more frequent cause of appearance of unresponsiveness, is A/V software updating/scanning, or disk indexing software running etc. (but normally on a HDD).

Windows Defender is antivirus software, just uninstall all this crapware while debugging. I'd never have installed it to start with on a Pro Tools system.