Thread: Not answering
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Not answering

Uh, they sound like CD/DVD ROM drives, not sure exactly what they said about floppy. I would look for floppy drives and change one thing at a time. I have no idea what BIOS you have, if you are lost there you can say what BIOS you have and other folks here may be able to describe exactly were the settings are (all I have are older Phoenix BIOS). If nothing else you can disable/remove the floppy drive drivers in the windows device manager and that should fix the problem as well. If nothing ever showed up as enabled floppy drives in the device manager then you likely don’t have this problem... but the symptoms seem very close to what you are saying.

The problems you are seeing are not likely to be caused by hyperthreading or c-state.

If you are not seeing AAE-6106 or similar AAE CPU errors then leave hyperthreading on. Especially with 2019.5 I would hope that mostly stays enabled. Yes I know Avid optimization says otherwise, but it’s the last thing on the list, maybe more to try if you are troubleshooting. The popular consensus of experts here seems to be disable it only if having problems, and it’s behavior is highly dependent on plugins and workloads.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-25-2019 at 03:02 AM.