View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 08:58 AM

Default Re: ReWire not appearing in inserts

And finally there's this from the Reaper forum:

"I had trouble getting Reaper 5.40 to show up as a Rewire client in Pro Tools 12. The fix for me was to delete this file >> C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Pro Tools\InstalledAAXPlugIns << When I re-opened Pro Tools "Reaper" was now in the list of instruments. Here's some additional tips for other Pro Tools users ..

*BEFORE YOU TRY AND REWIRE* - open Reaper in stand alone, and make sure you're able to see the vst plugins you'd like to have access to first. For me, Reaper very often crashes scanning plugins, so if you are doing this setup for the first time it's quite likely that you'll have to spend some time seeing what plugins make Reaper crash scanning plugins. I went into windows and removed (with .zip backup) VST3 plugins, I also added a custom path in Reaper to all my Native Instruments plugs. It took a few tries but I was able to quickly get Reaper scanning plugs well and opening just fine. Now you're ready to make Rewire work .... Open Pro Tools first , then open Reaper , you should see "Reaper" as an available instrument insert. If it doesn't show up see my fix above."