View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Upgraded to HDX from HD3-Issues

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

The system was a complete clean installation. All plugins are completely up to date. I believe I’ve done everything in the article you referenced before posting but could’ve missed something. I disabled Tailspind and Spindump as well. It didn’t help so I turned them back on.

The 9093 error happens when opening any session after launching PT for the first time after boot. It will happen with 1 audio track, no plugins, no VIs, Sample rate at 44.1 or 48 etc. bit depth 24. It’ll always play about a bar then stop. Once it happens, it’s usually ok. If I close the first session and open another without quitting PT, the second session or third etc. play fine and these could be large sessions. It doesn’t matter which HD I’m using. I’ve tried on my other 3 internal 7200 drives and off the firewire bus. I’ve also tried it on running off my sonnet usb 3.2, card using a Samsung NVME drive.

Buffer settings. I have tried them all and it still does it. Though, I will get more 9093 messages if the buffer is at 128 or lower even with 1 audio track and a avid 1 band eq dsp.

Disk Cache was at 10gb. Changed it to 8 then 4. Still does it. Avid suggested putting it at normal. Still does it.

Bluetooth and all that stuff is off. Like I said, the best thing I did that helped was turning off Avid Link on boot up. That cut the random errors by 70 percent.

I haven’t taken out every plug yet. I’ll give that a try.

I really appreciate your help!!