View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 03:49 AM

Default Re: T-RackS Group Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Well, first I got an email offering me x number of free "credits" so I figured I would buy an Ampeg B-15. I didn't have enough "credits" so I had to purchase more then I used them to buy the Ampeg.

The Ampeg was pretty much unusable. It would load but it would give a message telling me various parts were unavailable, etc....

Eventually, it didn't work at all. When I contacted support my account showed I had purchased x number of credits and they were used but the authorization I bought was gone and they had no record of it.

I did buy the SVX through Audio Deluxe for a really low price and it's nice for what it is, but over the years I have had a lot of problems with other software they sell.

Plus the whole "credit" thing makes it hard to know what you're getting and how much you're spending. When I'm recording I want to pull up software and have it work, not get asked to spend more or have missing authorizations.

I had an issue with my network card deauthorizing my waves licenses. In about 5 minutes of chat followed by a live call I was up and running in about 20 mins.

Big difference.
You haven't answered the question I asked: exactly what parts were missing? Certain fx? Remember that IK for some odd reason sells the amp and speaker cabs separate. Even for combo amps like a Fender Twin Reverb. So for the B15 you would have needed the amp & cab as separate purchases. Completely stupid and they don't offer a combo price for the pair either except for the collections.

As to credits for the lower dollar amounts in credits purchased it's a one-to-one correspondence. One dollar gets you one credit. When you get into the higher credit amount the cost per credit goes down. At one time you could only purchase stuff direct from IK via credits; it's only relatively recent they went to also being to buy by cash.

Believe me I'm no fanboy of the way IK does their business.

QAPLA!