View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:26 AM

Default Re: midi regions and deleting notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoRugMan View Post
Look guys, stick with whatever rings your bell.

You asked, we told you - because we're here to help.
Take it or reject it.

And for the record - I thought you might take my comment about free software to mean the ones you're into, in fact I wasn't.
I was talking about free software.

Anyway, as I said, use whatever tools you feel comfortable with when creating music - there are those out there who have gained massive success in the industry who have never touched PT, we all know that.

Best of luck.

Hahahahahaha HOW IS THIS EVEN AN ARGUEMENT, every daw but protools allows shortening MIDI REGION TO SHORTEN NOTE, it doesnt shorten note, but it doesnt allow it to play. The only REASON you would shorten a region is so a note beyond that region wont sound...that's the point. A good DAW let's you do what YOU WANT to do, not what someone "thinks" is professional. YouRugMan, it seems as though you are just arguing to argue. Pro Tools needs to work on it's MIDI and thats a general consensus. It's honestly that kind of attitude that keeps Pro Tools from being a go to production tool... The rise in FL Studio, Logic, and Cubase... being the go to for people who rely on midi. The number 1 producer right now Dr. Luke is quoted saying he barely ever uses midi in protools... He just drags audio to the grid... It's been YEARS and you can't save channel strip, you can't bounce in place... to add to the annoying list of things...