Thread: S6 Workflow
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 01:26 PM

Default Re: S6 Workflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Some of this is already on the future list. I can't seem to reproduce the layout recall issue ? Any more details on which knobsets you have in each layout etc. ?
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the response. Glad at least some of that stuff is on it's way. Hopefully you and all the other Avid S6 guys will consider the rest as well!

As for the layouts, I'm running an M40-16-5D* system and the two layouts I'm referring to set all 16 faders to the same tracks but with two different process/knob module settings. I just traded up from an M10-8-5 system with similar 8 fader layouts that didn't have this issue. Would it help if I sent you the two layout files? If so, please let me know where to send them. Glad to help any way I can.

Thanks,
Russ

* for what it's worth, back to the general topic: I have 8-fader/process/knob modules on either side of the MM/AM center section. I generally use two basic workflows. One is VCAs on the left, selected spills on the right (alla the Mick Guzauski approach he describes in his Avid video interview, except of course I have to page through anything greater than an 8 fader group so the recent addition of the ability to page within spills was very valuable) and the other, simply paging through sessions 16 fader banks at a time. In this case I either expand per track and process (or "local" VCA spill) as needed or leave things un-expanded when working on more than one track/process simultaneously (which I often do). I never use the new auto knob module assign function, probably because I only have two knob modules and they're always already being used for something per the above.

Last edited by rus5; 02-09-2016 at 02:47 PM.